Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I've been bed-and-couch ridden these last few days. My back problems are acting up again (I had surgery a year ago but have struggled with flare-ups every few months since), and it's been difficult for me to walk, drive and cook. Thankfully there is a really good Chinese delivery place near my house.
But I still have some leftovers from last Sunday's cooking, which I'm really grateful for since I can't really get to the grocery store. Last week I made a spicy Mexican lentil salad, a "kitchen sink" kale dish and some roasted mustard chicken.
I also bought some kale, which I cooked up with some leftover frozen peas, leftover half of a yellow bell pepper and some red onions. The point of this dish was to use up vegetables that were on their way out in the freshness department, but I was surprised how well the flavors worked together. The kale is slightly bitter, and has a really strong green flavor, so the sweet peas and bell peppers really add a nice balance.
Finally I made a quick marinade of balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard and olive oil for my chicken tenders. I threw in some big slices of onion and red bell pepper into the chicken/marinade mix and let it all soak for 40 minutes before baking it in the oven. Easy, and really delicious.
So, as I lay here on the couch feeling somewhat sorry for myself and in a lot of pain, I'm happy that I have some good food in the fridge. Now hopefully I will be better by tomorrow so I can whip up another week's worth of healthy, flavorful food.





1 comment:
Sorry you are not feeling well, but at least you are eating well! Take care, Claire!
Post a Comment