People tend to eat first with their eyes, then with their mouths, so I always try to make food look as good as it tastes when I have friends over for dinner. But I also do the same for myself, even though I'm often dining alone at home and there's no one around to see my meals.
Today I made a crab salad and avocado "tower" with cucumber slices. I made the salad with crab meat, diced onions, bell peppers and celery, lemon zest, a touch of mayo and Dijon mustard. I then pressed it into a tuna can that I had saved and removed the top and bottom lids from. I then put mashed avocado on top of the salad, and refrigerated it for an hour. Sliced cucumbers topped the tower for added crunchy texture.





6 comments:
That looks sooo good! Where did you get your crab meat?
Hi Annie: I got the crabmeat at Whole Foods. It is in the fresh fish section in a plastic container (don't get canned, it's not as good). Lump crab meat...
For great food "towers" you can also check out large PVC piping cut into small segments from Home Depot. Works great.
Great tip - thanks Anon :)
Mmm, and pretty too...I'm inspired :)
Yumm!! Looks fabulous, and so healthy too.
Post a Comment