I was watching Paula Deen on Food Network yesterday and she's taking fat and calories to a whole new level. Her "homemade" donuts consist of cutting holes in Pillsbury Grand biscuits and deep frying them. Then she generously coats each one with glaze and sprinkles.
These rich, buttery biscuits already have about 200 calories and 9 grams of fat per biscuits - that's before being dunked into a bath of boiling peanut oil. Giada DeLaurentis does something similar, but she uses pizza dough, which is much lower in fat and calories.
Of course Paula's donuts looked fabulous, but dang...deep fried biscuits??? The other day, she fried up a bunch of crunchy ramen noodles in a whole stick of butter. Never mind that the noodles are already fried prior to packaging. That's like fat on top of lard on top of grease on top of melted oogles of oil.
But, I still love Paula Deen, and it's fun to watch her make her crazy concoctions. It's kind of a miracle that she isn't bigger than she is, or that her son Bobby manages to stay so fit. More power to 'em, I guess.





1 comment:
I'm amazed that Paula is still living. I'm not convinced she eats what she cooks, however. And I had no clue ramen were fried before packaging ... oy.
Post a Comment