Monday, April 16, 2007

Bourdain on the Food Network Awards

"Give me a fucking cigarette!"

Anthony Bourdain has a few choice things to say about last night's Food Network Awards. I missed the whole debacle because, between the Tudors, the Sopranos and Entourage, I had better things to watch. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Some of Bourdain's observations:

On his favorite person: "I even found myself feeling bad for Rachael Ray...how must it have felt for her to stand up there in front of what appeared to be a halfway empty room of stunned, near comatose trout and feign enthusiasm while presenting the award for 'Best Appliance?'"

On chef Robert Irvine: "The overmuscled fuckwit from DINNER SLIGHTLY DIFFICULT delivered the best line: something like 'This is the greatest night ever!' If that was his greatest night ever, I suspect he would say the same thing while being publicly butt-slammed by the San Diego Chicken."

On Nigella Lawson: "My only hope is that Charles, her husband, on hearing of this atrocity, this degrading mis-use of his wife , will buy the network--in order to spare her further ill treatment."

On the Food Network: "Did the network, upon realizing (as they surely did) that the whole thing was a hideous, stultifyingly boring cluster fuck--and a public slap to their talent--did they consider maybe having the good taste to just bury the whole thing in archives like a rotten bone?"

Read the complete article here: http://blog.ruhlman.com/2007/04/the_fabulous_fo.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, thera are too many award shows as it is. Why? Why-o-Why come out with a Food Network Award show? Hopefully the ratings were nonexistant-so they wont boggle down the coaxial cable with such FODDER! By the way I love THE SUPRANOS and ENTOURAGE...I have yet to see the TUDORS, however, I will get to them in do-course. Anywho, like always, keep it up doll.

Allen said...

I watched most of the awards show, it was like watching a trainwreck. My favorite moment was when Ms. Sandra Lee came out onto what was either a very cold or very exciting stage ... I was horrified and found her paper thin dress inappropriate (but, totally in character). Me thinks some parts of Ms. Lee are Semi-Homemade.