Monday, March 24, 2008

Leftover Soup in a Snap

I got this idea from the Barefoot Contessa herself, Ina Garten. Take leftover vegetables - in my case it was some sauteed sugar snap peas with onions and bell peppers, and a small bit of spring mix salad - and throw them in a blender.

Add hot chicken stock or broth and puree away...

...like so...

...strain through a sieve to get out any fibers/weird chunks. Then add whatever spices you want (for me: salt, white pepper, curry powder, cumin).


And, just like that, it's soup time. I added a drizzle of good olive oil and a tiny bit of non-fat yogurt to the top. And no, I wasn't trying to make a smiley face with the yogurt. It just turned out that way.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That soup look healthy and delicious..and so easy too!! I'll have to try it :)