Yesterday I saw a delicious, light dish on Giada's "Everyday Italian" show that inspired me to create my own version. I had almost all the ingredients she used, except for one. Giada's dish was sauteed Tilapea with braised radicchio and white beans. I had orange roughy (close enough), white beans, shallots, lemon and fish stock but lacked the radicchio. I did, however, have a bag of mixed collard greens, which I figured would work just as well.
I followed the recipe for the radicchio and beans to the tee with the exception of substituting the radicchio with the greens. It worked beautifully. I also opted to coat my orange roughy in Panko breadcrumbs (available at most grocery stores in the International section; also available at Trader Joe's) instead of dredging it in flour as Giada does. I simply salted and peppered the raw fish, rolled it around in the Panko, and pan fried with a few tablespoons of olive oil. And instead of making her lemon vinaigrette, I just squirted a bit of fresh lemon over the cooked fish.
The result? A fresh, light, healthy and easy supper.





No comments:
Post a Comment