Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hash It Up a Notch

I usually cook on Sundays for the week (hence the name of my blog). Last Sunday, I sauteed some tilapea fillets with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and put them into a Tupperware. Per usual, I bought a good assortment of vegetables to eat with the fish: potatoes, green beans, carrots and onions. Every day this week so far, my dinner plate has looked like this: One Tilapea fillet, a couple of small roasted potatoes and a side of green beans.

Last night, I decided to try something a little different. I was bored with the usual, and I had finished the green beans anyway. So I made a hash of the Tilapea, potatoes, carrots, onions and scallions. Same ingredients, different presentation. I ate it with a side of ketchup mixed with Tabasco (possibly my favorite condiment) and it was delicious, satisfying and something new.

No comments: