Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Warm and Fuzzy Soup

What do you do when you have an entire butternut squash leftover? You make soup! Thinking that one medium-sized squash would not be enough for my dinner party (see last post), I bought two. Well, after cutting up one, I realized I had enough to feed 20 people, so I decided to make soup out of the second one. It's so easy: Simply saute some onions and shallots and thyme together in a pot with a bit of olive oil, throw in cubed butternut squash and cover it all with chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, then blend it all together in a blender. You can add curry powder if you want a little spice, or whatever spices you prefer. In the end, you've got an incredibly healthy and hearty soup that'll warm you to your core. Top with some crusty croutons and you've got yourself a meal.

No comments: