Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Cooking: Clean Food


I try to eat "clean" food as much as possible. By "clean," I mean food close to its natural form, like a baked potato instead of french fries, or sprouted wheat bread instead of focaccia. Granted, I do eat out a lot and of course I splurge (as you've witnessed many times in this blog), but when I cook for myself during the week I try to stick to the healthy stuff.

Tonight I grilled some tuna steaks (seasoned with Michael Chiarello's Sundried Tomato Gray Salt), roasted some asparagus (seasoned with sea salt, cracked black pepper and olive oil) and cooked up a caramelized red onion, basil and tomato relish to top the tuna steaks with. Simple, basic and clean. Oh, and delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks perfect - sometimes its the simpler foods that I really enjoy. Chicken and oat bran for example :X