Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Big Butt Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars

OK, these aren't really called "Big Butt Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars," but they should be. Because if you eat more than one, ever, you will probably grow a big butt. Or big thighs. Or just big everything.

For co-worker Alex's birthday, he didn't want anything specific (I always bake the dessert of choice for the birthday gal or guy in our office), and told me he'd eat anything I baked. I first saw these peanut butter and jelly bars on "Barefoot Contessa," and was amazed at how rich and fatty and good it all looked. I would never make these for myself, because I'm not really a dense dessert kind of gal; I prefer lemon cakes, sorbets, Pinkberry and the like, so this was the ideal dessert to take to work so that I could try a bit, and let my coworkers devour the rest.


I have to say that the sliver I had was good: super rich, creamy, sweet with a tad bit of saltiness. This dessert bar isn't for the faint of heart - it's almost TOO rich and thick and heavy and dense. But if you like that sort of thing, and like peanut butter and jelly, this treat is for you. Me, I'll stick with my lemon tarts and Pinkberry, thank you.

No comments: