Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Don't Hate Me

Starting yesterday, I've been doing a juice fast. I plan to stay on it for at least three days, with the hope of being able to go for five total. Why on earth would a foodie and food blogger subject herself to such torture, you ask? The truth is that I've been feeling really blech lately, my allergies (hay fever) have been driving me nuts and I'm still feeling the effects of eating and drinking for two weeks straight in New Zealand. I need to detox and focus and a juice fast is a great way to do it.

Basically, I am drinking fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juice, vegetable broth, herbal tea and lots of water. After day one, I feel better already - lighter, calmer and focused. The biggest temptation are my friends, who have been inviting me out for dinners and happy hours and what-not. But I am determined to stick this out and gain the benefits from the cleanse.

I'll report back when I'm done, and get back to posting about actual food!

1 comment:

ila said...

I feel better that another food blogger is doing a detox diet too! I'm doing the cabbage soup detox... It really helps me to appreciate food more when I'm done.