Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hot Damn.

My sister and I recently ate our way through Ventura, and though I will have a complete story on our weekend of eating in an upcoming issue of Intermezzo, I had to share this with you. This is the Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcake with Cappuccino Ice Cream and Dulce de Leche Anglaise and Chocolate Sauce at Brooks Restaurant, and it is one of the best desserts I've ever had. The chocolate cake is actually quite light but very moist, but with a deep, dark chocolate flavor. It's drizzled with bittersweet chocolate and topped with crushed cocoa nibs. The cappuccino ice cream had the texture of ice milk, which I love, and the coffee flavor really brought out the heavenly chocolaty goodness of the cake. I don't usually do back flips for chocolate desserts, but this was incredible. I'll be dreaming of this for a very long time!

No comments: