Giving new meaning to the term, "Hostess with the Mostest," Giselle and Dan put together a spread worthy of greatness for Sunday brunch at their Los Feliz house last weekend. You want eggs? Giselle's got her fabulous goat cheese/sun dried tomato scramble. You want waffles? There's the lighter-than-air homemade variety with berries and whipped cream and whatever else you could possibly desire. Bagels? But of course! There's cream cheese, lox, tomatoes, capers and onions for those right there on the kitchen table. Coffee - with all the proper additions - is already brewed and ready for drinking.
I love these types of brunches because A) I can indulge in white-flour carbs (the best tasting kind!), because normally I eat sprouted wheat toast, and while it's good, nothing beats a big fat chewy bagel; B) Someone else is cooking and all I have to do is eat; C) it's fun to sit around on a lazy Sunday morning and chit chat with my friends.
So what did I eat, you ask? Ur...well...how about a bit of everything? I absolutely cannot refuse bagels with lox, a childhood favorite, with lots of raw onions and capers and easy cream cheese. And waffles...I hardly ever eat them as I don't own a waffle maker and those frozen ones are just bread formed into the shape of waffles. However, I eat mine with just a touch of syrup. Giselle, on the other hand...
...created this masterpiece of waffle/whipped cream/berry goodness. Looks delish, no?
Bagels from Noah's, which we all agreed are the best in California. Big, chewy and not too doughy, one of these will fill you up quite nicely for at least half a day.
LOX. A perfect food, in my opinion. Rich, high in protein, salty and lovely. The combo of salmon and cream cheese is better than P&B, if you ask me.
OH, I completely spaced on the BACON. Here's Dan cooking up some bacon in the broiler. He's looking mean here but is actually a super nice dude. Maybe he's getting splattered with bacon fat? In any case, the bacon was fab-u-lous. Even vegetarians crave bacon, or so I hear. I can understand why.
Here's Kai's well-balanced plate. You've got your fruit/veg with the berries, your dairy with the butter, your meat with the bacon, eggs for protein and the waffle for carbs.
Thanks to Dan & Giselle for an amazing brunch!





1 comment:
There are some fantastic brunch ideas in that post, especially the sundried tomato and goat's cheese scrambled eggs. What a lovely way to spend a weekend morning.
Post a Comment